Free Cooling for Telecom shelters, enclosures and rooms
Dantherm's Free Air Cooling unit, the Flexibox, provides total heat management. Furthermore, the units generate energy cost savings of up to 90 % on cooling in Telecom sites hosting GSM, UMTS or LTE networks.
Free Cooling is cost-effective controlled ventilation: The Telecom shelter or enclosure is cooled by means of ambient air without a compressor.
All of the Dantherm Free Cooling products operate with overpressure delivering filtered air into the room, thereby ensuring a clean environment for the radio transmission equipment.
Flexible, quality-minded cooling solutions
Dantherm offers five Flexibox solutions ranging in capacity from 3-8 kW at delta t 10°C. The newly launched 5th generation features a built-in controller and is for outdoor mounting only. The other generations are for both indoor and outdoor mounting. The Flexibox is available for both AC and DC power, allowing for effective emergency cooling.
The Flexibox as the sole cooling solution is adequate for cooling Telecom base stations in most climate conditions. In warm climates and in climates with high temperature peaks, a combination of free cooling and an air conditioner is a good choice.
The combination prolongs the service life of your existing air conditioner and generates significant energy savings, when the free cooling is active.
- Dantherm Flexibox 400
- Dantherm Flexibox 450
- Dantherm Flexibox 1100
- Energy savings of up to 90%
- No need for inverter
- Compact design
- Mono-block units
- Very high performance
- Brushless DC motor
- Weather-proof casing
- Ideal for off-grid sites
- Ideal for battery cooling
Flexibox Free Cooling
+1 (864) 595-9800
|Dantherm Flexibox CAPACITIES||1100||450||450||400|
|Voltage AC or DC||DC||DC||DC||DC|
|Capacity in kW
at Δt = 10°C
|Max air flow m³/h||3,300||2,490||2,333||1,440|
|Net weight in lbs [kg]||
- Telecom shelters
- DC Powered Sites
- Radio base stations
- Electronics enclosures
- Hybrid Telecom Sites
- Automation control cabinets
- Drive stations
- Network & computer rooms
- Power supply rooms
Dantherm Flexibox 400, 450 and 1100.
- Extremely energy-efficient: Savings of up to 90% compared with traditional cooling solutions.
- Total heat management: Control of external AC-units, heater, motorized dampers and surveillance.
- Stepless fan speed control with surveillance - low running costs and stable operation.
- Flexibox equals flexible installation at new and legacy sites.
- Optional surveillance system.
- Free cooling - Flexibox detail of front service panel.
- Dantherm Flexibox for free cooling - detail of wiring.
- Free Cooling - Dantherm Flexibox for free cooling - detail of filter guard and fan.
- Free cooling - Flexibox detail of easily serviced and large panel F5 filter.
- Dantherm Flexibox for free cooling - detail of through wall mounting plate.
- The Square motorized damper is used to control the air streams in a room or shelter - when utilizing free air cooling.
- The motorized damper for Flexibox air outlet ensures control of airstreams in when utilizing free air cooling.
- Wall display for Dantherm's controllers in the CC family: CC1-4. The display show in clear symbols status and eventual alarms. Settings can be changed directly from the display.
- ACUE 3000 controller for Dantherm Flexibox 400, 450, and 1100, all powered by 24 or 48V DC. The ACUE controller is a total heat management controller for energy optimized cooling - it takes control of free cooling, emergency cooling, dampers, air conditioners, heater etc. to acheive the set temperature using minimum power.